In District 129, all students have an opportunity to achieve academic, social, and emotional success in a nurturing and safe environment through a proactive systematic approach. A Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS) aligns programs, practices, and strategies for all students to increase academic performance, establish a positive school culture, and enhance social emotional learning.
In order to create a sustainable MTSS model, we believe that…
- Tier 1 curriculum and instruction is the foundation by which all students will learn.
- Open dialogue and a problem solving approach are integral for continuous improvement.
- School culture and climate built upon positive relationships is foundational for all learning.
- Social and emotional development must integrated with academic instruction.
- All stakeholders within our school community play an active role in the ongoing development of our students.