In District 129, all students have an opportunity to achieve academic, social, and emotional success in a nurturing and safe environment through a proactive systematic approach. A Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS) aligns programs, practices, and strategies for all students to increase academic performance, establish a positive school culture, and enhance social emotional learning.
In order to create a sustainable MTSS model, we believe that…
1. Tier 1 curriculum and instruction is the foundation by which all students will learn.
2. Open dialogue and a problem solving approach are integral for continuous improvement.
3. School culture and climate built upon positive relationships is foundational for all learning.
4. Social and emotional development must integrated with academic instruction.
5. All stakeholders within our school community play an active role in the ongoing development of our students