Check up on what has been happening in our district.
March 27, 2020
District 129 Families and Staff Members,
The timeline below serves as a reminder regarding the upcoming weeks in School District 129. Please understand that this timeline is what we know at the current moment and is subject to change.
- This coming week, Monday, March 30th, through Friday, April 3rd, is “Spring Break Week.” There is no expectation for teachers nor students to engage in virtual learning during that period of time; however, meal distribution will continue at the same sites and at the same times.
- Virtual learning will then resume for two more days on Monday, April 6th, and Tuesday, April 7th. Again, meal distribution will be available on these dates.
- Students will return to their home buildings on Wednesday, April 8th, through the end of the school year, which is May 29th. No emergency days will be needed.
- Please note that Friday, April 10th, and Monday, April 13th were previously scheduled as non-attendance days and will remain as such.
- Friday, May 8th, will no longer be considered a ‘Teacher Institute Day’ as teachers had an in-service on March 16th in replacement of this day. May 8th will be used as a day of instruction instead.
As a reminder, all return dates are subject to change at any time based on the directives of the Governor.
Until April 8th, all West Aurora School District 129 buildings will remain closed. Should you have a question that needs a response before that date, we encourage you to reach out via email or to leave a message at the monitored number, (630) 301-5000. Please go to www.sd129.org for a directory of email addresses and for the latest school closing information.
I am proud of how our 129 community has supported one another during this difficult time. Thank you!
Dr. Jeff Craig
Superintendent of the West Aurora Schools
Census 2020 counts on YOU
Check out the resource page of our website for our latest updates with our district.
Have you registered your child(s) for 2020-2021 yet?