MyPlate is an initiative created by the USDA to help families implement healthier eating habits.
Make every bite count
- Learn how much you need from each food group. Get a personalized MyPlate Plan that's right for you, based on your age, sex, height, weight, and physical activity level.
- Take a look at your current eating routine. Pick one or two ways that you can switch to choices today that are rich in nutrition.
- A healthy eating routine can help boost your health today and in the years to come. Think about how your food choices come together over the course of your day or week to help you create a healthy eating routine.
- It’s important to eat a variety of fruits, vegetables, grains, protein foods, and dairy and fortified soy alternatives. Choose options for meals, beverages, and snacks that have limited added sugars, saturated fat, and sodium.
MyPlate is a reminder to find your healthy eating style and build it throughout your lifetime. Everything you eat and drink matters. The right mix can help you be healthier now and in the future. This means:
- Focus on variety, amount, and nutrition.
- Choose foods and beverages with less saturated fat, sodium, and added sugars.
- Start with small changes to build healthier eating styles.
- Support healthy eating for everyone.
Eating healthy is a journey shaped by many factors, including our stage of life, situations, preferences, access to food, culture, traditions, and the personal decisions we make over time. All your food and beverage choices count. MyPlate offers ideas and tips to help you create a healthier eating style that meets your individual needs and improves your health. For a colorful visual of MyPlate and the 5 food groups, download What's MyPlate All About?.
For more information, colorful printouts and kids activities, ideas for healthy eating, recipes, click on the link below. There is also a MyPlate smart phone app!!!