District 129 regards parent engagement as fundamental to promoting the success of our school community. As a learning organization we believe that parent engagement is a means to empower our parents and community. Through continuous learning, we will positively impact our students.
Parent University Goals
- Increase parent involvement in the schools to strengthen the home-school-community partnerships
- Empower parents to raise children who are successful in school, community and in life
- Empower parents to become effective advocates for their children
- Equip parents with the awareness and knowledge of community resources available to them
- Facilitate networking opportunities with other parents, faculty and community members